View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 11:50 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Appletree

Besides craving salt do you also crave citrus foods eg limes or lemons, or pickled foods? Do you get random short bursts of hiccups? Have you noticed a decreased amount of hair growth in armpits, on arms and legs? Do you have any new dark patches of skin or vitiligo? - these symptoms are associated with Adrenal Fatigue and/or Insufficiency.

If you're taking a diuretic and on a low sodium diet then it's possible you are losing too much salt (and probably potassium) in urine.

If the Meniere's diagnosis wasn't definite the symptoms of Meniere's can be similar to those included with adrenal problems. I had both vertigo and tinnitus prior to my Addison's diagnosis (still get the tinnitus! ). The Hypothalamus/Pituitary/Adrenal system (or HPA axis as it's known) works in synchronization - if there is a problem in one part it can unbalance the others.

Celiac Disease is sometimes a secondary condition to Adrenal Insufficiency - it sounds as though you may have an auto-immune problem going on.

Your suggestion to find a new doctor sounds like a good move. If you don't have them already I would suggest getting copies of all recent or relevant test results before you leave the old doc. It helps to have results on hand when trying to research problems and also when talking to a new doctor. Alternatively if you have a cortisol test and it shows up something you might ask your doctor to refer you to an endocrinolgist.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote