View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 10:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwad01 View Post
Long story short-- I have become very sensitive to protein around doses of Stalevo- which I now take every 2.5 hours. I try my best to limit protein throughout the day and usually eat a normal (significant protein) dinner. I have also read the posts about the effects of carbohydrates with high glycemic indicies/loads- and I think these also contribute to my fluctuations. I am a muscular guy who works out every day. I have lost weight- and hate it!. More depressing is that i can not figure out the best way to get enough calories and enough protein/day. I am looking for some advice- including which type of proteins (including supplements) are least likely to interfere w/levodopa gut absorbtion and blood-brain-barrier competition---??!!!
Time to add a Dietitian to your team! You need to start working on every little thing, my wife had a heck of a time putting weight recovering from a ruptured colon.

It might be time to get a blender, ice cream, and Whey Protein Shake Powder.
Start looking at five smaller meals a day.

For me my mid afternoon snake of dates and almonds is pretty healthy, no added sugar. I limit my "added sugar" to 21g a day, hence trying to stick with natural foods. Near impossible when I started watching it, finally cut bread/pasta, and have my sugar level down to a good range.

Typically no protein one hour before medication, nor 30 minutes after. If my system slows down, it seems I need a longer window.
TexasTom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rd42 (11-10-2020), schwad01 (02-01-2016)