View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry your wife is having this problem, it can be very debilitating.

I have a few questions....

1) Was the wisdom tooth impacted (not visible or partially visible above the gum line)?

2) Why was the wisdom tooth extracted.. infection, decay, pain?

3) What is the health of tooth #31... is that tooth root canaled? What is the health of her other teeth?

4) Did she develop a dry socket or signs of infection in that area shortly after the wisdom tooth was extracted? If not, how long after the extraction did symptoms develop?

5) Is your wife a smoker?

6) How is your wife's health in general? Does she take any medications?

7) How many times has she been on antibiotics in the last 2 years?

8) Has the oral surgeon or other dentists mentioned the possibility of a cavitation called Osteomyelitis?

9) Would she consider seeing a non conventional dentist, one who practices Biological dentistry?

Bryanna

Was the tooth decayed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mica1297 View Post
My name is Mike and I am trying to help my wife find answers concerning her #32 wisdom tooth. She had it removed over a year ago and has been having issues with the site ever since the extraction. Symptom's like her left eye twitching, infections in and around the site and #31, swollen lymphoid's, ear pain, throat and hear burn from her anxiety from the situation. She has seen her regular dentist, oral surgeon, endoctics and periodontal. The oral surgeon has reopened the site twice and found infection each time, the endoctics doctor ran tests and found nothing except the site isn't healing correctly, the periodontist suggests a bone graft however days she can't guarantee it will help the situation. Any ideas on what to try know, this is really driving her anxiety not getting answers

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote