View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 10:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks!

Thanks for all your advice!
I'll do my best.

I did try and find an open mri, but I can't find any listed anywhere in Australia (where I am). And I'm in the public hospital system, so don't think I'd really get a say.

I'm thinking I should try the blindfold thing too, so thanks for that.

The place where I'll have my MRI I also had a CAT scan and even that freaked me out. Mostly as the doctor said it would be 3 minutes or something, so i counted, and I was actually lying there for ten minutes (I confirmed this afterwards incase I was speed counting!). I'm not sure if the machine was on the whole time (I'm sure it wasn't if that's not safe), but apparently they had to go and get someone else to have a look at my results so they just left me there. Maybe incase they needed to do one with contrast or something.

But I was terrified! I irrationally imagined everyone had gone and I'd been left in this room by myself until the radiation melted my brain!

I'm afraid i'll get in the MRI and that's what will freak me out (even though I know it's not using radiation), that I've been left alone. I'll make sure I tell them my specific fears so they know to keep talking to me when they can.

I opened my eyes once in the CAT scan and felt claustrophobic, I'm not even sure if your head goes in anything or not for that as they weren't open long enough! But that experience has kind of added to my paranoia.

Thanks again everyone! I'll make sure to read over all of your responses again and take action to create an environment in which I'll be as calm as is possible. I just wish the tube was big enough i could bring a friend in with me!

winter_luna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote