View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Help -- need ideas/support

Hi, I'm a 17 year old that has suffered from post-concussion syndrome like headaches for 3 years now. I got my first concussion from lacrosse in the spring of 2013 (hitting my head on the turf), and all symptoms from that healed in about a month except for a slight sensitivity to light. Summer goes by, everything fine. That fall, the same symptoms were triggered in a soccer game by heading the ball a few times, and they haven't gotten better since.

Here are my symptoms:

constant chronic headaches
- All the time -- "pressure" in the head and aching.

light sensitivity
- screens make the headache worse

sound sensitivity
- loud music makes the headache worse

jolting sensitivity
- This is the worst, and only developed after about a year of having the headaches. I can't make any sudden movements with my head, and stopping in cars, jumping and running, vibration, etc. is uncomfortable.

sensitivity to hits and taps
- Even light taps will trigger a worsening of the headache in that area (i.e. if I bump the left side of my head, that side will feel increased pressure/aching)

I've tried a lot of things, but none of them have solved the headache so far. I would love some suggestions and ideas on what to do and if anyone has had headaches/symptoms like mine.
wmann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote