View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 10:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had read numerous articles that MrsD posted long ago about the difference between the two and when the subject come up in the doctor's office, I felt like I had a good case. However, he quickly took the wind out of my sail and said that the D3 only raises it quick for the short term and that long term results needed the D2...and then made the comment about D3 not working at the cellular level. I sort of blew him off as exactly what MrsD said (he was just trying to impress me), but when I got to the pharmacy to pick up my Rx of D2 I asked the pharmacist the same question. guess what: I got the SAME answer! He told me almost the same thing (didn't focus on the 'cellular level', but made same reference to the D3 raising levels quick and for short term while D3 is better for long term results.

So my conclusion now must be that this must be what the doctors and others are taught at some point in training. I have read some the articles MrsD posts and this is newer info. I don't think my doctor is intentionally giving me wrong info (this is a doctor I trust emphatically and has always been up front about everything), but more like this is what he truly believes based upon training years ago. He may not have been advised on newer info out there now.

I will add that today I went back to my PCP for continued problems with my URI and he had run some other labs at my last visit that I wasn't aware of. I thought he was doing my Vit D & B12 at my upcoming Feb 17th visit, but he had done them 2 weeks ago with some other labs...and gave me my results today. After 12 weeks of D2, my level has gone from 26 to 58! So apparently the D2 does something good. I have absorption issues and this time I took a long course of Rifaximin for my SIBO before starting the D2 in hopes I would have better absorption...and it worked. I know in many ways I have had improvement in how I feel overall, but it's been overshadowed by the infection for the last 2 months and hard to really see at times. But I must say that this at least shows that D2 does work in some ways. I have NEVER had a level of 58 before...even on D3. I'm sure the treatment for SIBO and improved absorption is key to my new level. So the jury is still out for me now that i have this huge improvement and proof that D2 will increase vitamin D. I will be very interested in seeing what David's numbers come back after use of D3.

I don't know if I would have believed this if I didn't have the results right in front of me. But clearly, D2 works as well...quite well too, for increasing a level from 26 to 58.

Last edited by en bloc; 02-02-2016 at 10:31 PM.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Idiopathic PN (02-03-2016)