View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 12:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have had numerous tests done over the last 1.5 years (4 tests, I think) with all them coming back between 22-28...consistently in this range, so I would have to conclude the labs are accurate. Then after clearing up my absorption issues (which I know worked because my GI issues also improved) and completing a course of D2 and now have a much higher level. I would have no reason to suspect inaccuracy all of a sudden. That just wouldn't make sense after numerous accurate tests all in the same range. If it was still low, we wouldn't suspect the lab to be inaccurate...we would likely suspect the D2 not working. But since my level improved, we should at least consider it worked...isn't that reasonable? I can request a retest, but I'm not sure why unless there is documented problems with testing these days. I do plan on being retested in 3-6 months....just to check the level again and see if it has dropped, or whether I'm maintaining a stable level. If my level is still increased then I'd consider it proven that D2 worked and the test accurate.

The standard RX dose of D2 is 50,000 iu...one capsule a week. I took this for 12 weeks, then a 6 week course taking two a week. I also stopped 3 weeks ago, so I was not taking it when the test was run.

Well, if D2 is 'less effective' than D3, I wonder how high my level would have been with D3...probably toxic. I think a 32 point increase with D2 is pretty 'effective'.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Idiopathic PN (02-03-2016)