View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 08:59 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

You were able to get sober while your children were still young. I understand that you may still feel some guilt, and that they still may harbor some anger, but you should be very proud of yourself, forgive yourself, and not allow them to use that guilt against you. You are a good mother (and grandmother) and you deserve respect.

A loving mother will give of herself the best she can, but it seems like you have given to the point where you've let your children bleed you dry with no intention of repaying their debts. I'm so sorry for the stress money problems have had on you and your family. I hope that your daughter wakes up and realizes that her mother is a never-ending source of love, not money, starts repaying her debt, and gives you the apology you deserve.

At some point, you are going to have to accept the fact that your children are just never going to repay their debts. Once you've come to terms with that, you can begin dealing with the other issues that might be causing rifts in those relationships if you choose to.

Until then, as Dave said, take care of yourself and the little ones. Don't allow the others to manipulate and wound you.

I know that you are vulnerable right now, and in a lot of pain, but I also know that you are strong. Please hang in there and know that we're here to listen.

Kay
OhKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-03-2016), barbo (02-05-2016), eva5667faliure (02-03-2016), Wren (02-03-2016)