View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 10:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Agreed on all counts.

By more effective I meant you wouldn't need such high doses, which is what the few studies that have differentiated between the two have indicated.

Like I said, I'll see what my levels are like in a month and I may take that route. I'll look into what D2 is exactly. I know it's synthetic, that's all.

I'm glad your numbers went up so effectively. Keep it up, it's working. I don't know if I'd like to go off D3 for 3 weeks before testing. I may feel like **** again, since I don't take enough for it to stay in my system too long. Perhaps I'm wrong. But it's impressive that the D2 stayed in your system enough for those levels even after having stopped 3 weeks prior to testing.
I honestly have never seen anything comparing the two (D2 & D3) equally, with the only difference being the amount needed for effectiveness. They are completely different substances and the amount needed is not in question...as far as I can tell. My doctors point was actually the opposite...that D2 stays longer than D3. He argued that D3 makes for quick short term increases in levels, whereas D2 takes longer to achieve the level desired, but it lasts longer and is more effective in the long run.

I argued (at length) MrsD's data/info to no avail. In the end, he asked me to give his point a try (using D2 for 12 weeks) and see what the results show before making my conclusion. So I did. And my results certainly proved his point. That doesn't mean I discount MrsD's data...actually I think the points in those articles are valid. But the fact is: taking D2 really worked for me and I cannot just assume that because it did that my labs must be in error now. Had it not worked and my levels stayed low, I doubt there would be discussion that the lab was in error. I'm sure if my levels had not increased that we would all be confirming that it was simply because it was the ineffectiveness of D2.

I have finished the prescription course, so don't plan to take any more D2 at this point. Then I plan to retest in 3 months to see if my level stays or drops...and by how much. I think follow up testing is important in this regard. Of course, if my level is once again in the 20's, then I would have to question the validity of the 58 level lab. Does that make sense?

I have to ask you: If you are afraid of coming off the D3 for just 3 weeks, doesn't that indicate that it would, in fact, be only a short term fix? Certainly, D3 should last longer than that. If it doesn't, then that would confirm exactly what my doctor stated...that it only increases numbers quick and short term...not long term. I know that D2 is Rx and NOT taken every day/week/month, etc...because it's supposed to last in the body (or cells, maybe, as he stated).

Frankly I think I'm confusing myself, the more I write about this and give it more thought...LOL I'm intrigued by this thread and all the info involved.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote