View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Xosabrinita,

Rinse with warm salt water every couple of hours until you go to sleep. About 5 ounces of water with a tablespoon of salt. Rinse until the water is gone, not just a swish or two. Rinse again in the am upon awakening.

I would suggest that you keep your head elevated on a couple of pillows tonight when you sleep to help reduce the swelling from increasing inside of your mouth.

Make sure you get in to the dentist tomorrow. Your dentist may refer you to an oral surgeon, if he does, don't hesitate to go.

Please let us know how you are doing.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xosabrinita View Post
I have had an abscess in my back molar #31 for about a year and a half now which just come and goes and well recently got really bad and I ran to my local dentist. Not to my surprise I have an infection down to the bone so the dentist insisted that he does an extraction and graft immediatley .. It was extremely urgent to him that it be done right away and I was happy about it. So for 45 minutes he was in there doing his job it was great and now it is two days later and I have noticed last night 2/2/16 there are NO stitches and they were NOT dissolvable ones!- and now my gums and face are swollen and white stuff and bone graft yellow puss is all over that site... It's the ugliest things I have ever seen.. Best part they are closed today and no emergency number I somehow managed to contact the assistant through Facebook and they gave me an appointment for 9 AM tomorrow I don't know if I'll make it this thing gets uglier and nastier every hour I am on antibiotics clindamycin 300 mg.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote