View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 12:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There is MSG in everything these days, it makes shopping soooo difficult. There's even more msg in rice-a-roni than there is in ramen! And Kentucky Fried Chicken is an absolute no-no for us! To answer your question: the msg in ramen isn't "worse", there is just a LOT more msg in it than in most products. The chinese use msg liberally, they put shakers of the stuff out on their tables! Americans do too... it's called "Accent" here. You have to be very careful of Asian food products. Especially now, as we've recently found out that the chinese gov't had to close 150 of their food (and medical) processing plants due to substandard conditions and bad ingredients. Another good reason to buy American, lol... our product standards are much higher and safer. Hmmm, I should mention buy Australian, buy English, buy Canadian too. There are people here from all those countries, and I don't want to imply that your standards are less.

The reason companies use so much msg is all about taste. If you open a can of Cambell's chicken noodle soup, you see 3 or 4 tiny chucks of chicken in it. You have to wonder where all that wonderful flavor comes from... well, msg is the answer.

I knew nothing about msg until I met a man who couldn't tolerate the stuff. I had two teenage sons, and we ate all those boxed foods full of the stuff. I had to change my cooking habits immediately... he was worth it !

But now that I have gone 8 years with no msg in my life, I have found I am just as intolerant of the stuff as he is. I guess we just build up a tolerance to it, and only notice it when we consume it rarely. I now have a weird "msg alarm" built in.... for some strange reason the inside of my lower lip starts to tingle the second I put anything that is msg-laden in my mouth. It's odd as heck, but I'm thankful. It makes eating out in restaurants a lot safer. I've been lied to by a waitress more than once, now I can catch them in their lies with the first bite.

Yes, it IS pure evil

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote