View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 05:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
I think it's probably more likely that stopping the Gabapentin let you see that your condition had resolved. It may have been a compression issue or something at the cervical C-5 that resolved on it's own. The Gabapentin wasn't started until AFTER you had symptoms, so it's not like it caused the problem. So, once you stopped it, you could see that everything was all better (with the pain, tingling, and numbness). The appetite and fatigue are probably from the Gabapentin itself...very common side-effect and certainly would have stopped after you discontinued the medication.

The bottom line is that you feel better all the way around and that is the best news!
en bloc,
Yes I think it's possible but my point was the number of symptoms grew quite a bit beyond my initial which confused both my primary care and neurologist. Both wanted me to increase my dosage based upon these new symptoms (burning, leg aches, dizziness, feeling 'down', etc). It's a shame they never considered the gaba was causing it. I don't believe the original symptom was caused by gaba of course, just these extra ones.
acydgod is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote