View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 12:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Jim,

I think it's important to have that B6 rechecked as this may be the cause of your problem. B6 can irritate the nerves, particularly the small peripheral nerves in the feet...which is exactly what you have going on.

If this is back to normal, then I would hope they do a skin biopsy to check for small fiber neuropathy.

You say you don't know if the Gabapentin is working...have you had ANY improvement when starting it or after increasing the dose each time? You should notice 'something'. If not, then you might consider moving on to something else and not waste you time. Most people at least notice some relief and then adjust the dose until they get to a comfortable level.

You said she did a QSART...why? You don't mention any autonomic symptoms, yet this is a test for autonomic neuropathy. Do you know why she ran this test? Are you having any other unusual symptoms with your BP, heart rate, sweating, etc?

I know you are likely frustrated and worried at the unknown condition causing you pain and such. It's a slow process but we'll help you get through it as best we can.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zkrp01 (02-05-2016)