View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 01:06 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Last couple of days for dd has been really bad. After our trip to her pediatrician last Tuesday I could tell she was really trying. Doc basically told us that there is nothing physically wrong with her and that this is a result from anxiety and depression. She said dd12 was not to lay in bed and that she had to get up and get moving.
All last week and beginning of this week she has gotten herself up everyday by 7 AM. Taking a nice morning walk with her dog, taken a shower, eaten breakfast and completed school work. While I was glad to see her putting in so much effort I could tell her pain level was no different but instead she was pushing through it. Everyday by noon she is exhausted but still she tries to keep going. Wednesday morning this all stopped. She woke up in so much pain she could not even left her head off pillow. She says her entire body feels like it is hurting but most pain in neck, head, wrists and ankles. She cried while I washed her hair for her because it hurt for me to even touch her hair.
I am worried that she is giving up hope. She is starting to think noone will figure out why she is in so much pain. Sometimes I worry about that too.

We have appointment with new doctor at the Pain and Spine Medicine Monday and he specializes in children with chronic pain so I am hoping he will figure out a way to help her. At this time she is on no medication. The basic, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Flexeril, does nothing for the pain so she doesn't even bother trying. Pediatrician had nothing to prescribe as she thinks none of this is real. So we continue to chug along trying not to lose our minds and comfort DD as best we can. Just wanted to chronicle our journey.
thowell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-25-2016)