View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 01:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks everyone for all of your comments. It is so great to finally communicate with people going through the same issues. I will definitely add the benfotiamine from everyone's advice. I would like to add the magnesium but I seem to remember reading on here somewhere a comment from MrsD that the magnesium would cancel out the gabapentin. Am I remembering that correctly?

Patrick - I did have the fasting glucose and it was normal. I have not had the A1C. I did get a glucose monitor and have been checking my levels periodically since the test and everyone of my readings have been normal levels. I hoping that it is because of my changed diet and increased exercise over the last few months.

en bloc - I don't know why she had me have the QSART test. I will ask at my next appointment. I do not have any of the BP, heart rate or sweating issues. As far as the gabapentin, it seems when I increase the dose, I feel better for a day or two and then it gets worse again. Not sure if its just in my mind or what. I am increasing my dose to 1800mg/day this weekend to see if it helps.

I am going to a podiatrist next week just to rule anything else out on the recommendation of my neurologist. Thanks to everyone again. I will keep updating as I know how beneficial it has been to me to see others progress.
JimD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote