View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 01:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi,

Lurking here...I'm newly disabled with autonomic neropathy and like to read around the site for insight.
______
My thought is we just have to play the field...for timely appointments...as you mentioned, or just to find a better fit when unhappy with a physician for any reason.

I just made an appointment with the 3rd neurologist I've seen since September. First was arrogant and had to be convinced by my PCP to do appropriate testing. Second (whom I'm seeing again next week) is smart and eminent, he verified my diagnoses, but won't speak to me for more than five minutes at a time. I could only get an appointment with the 3rd for the end of April!

Of course I would have loved a perfect match on the first go-round, but our first alliance is to ourselves. Because my mobility is compromised, I am only keeping docs who are accessible by phone and or email.

I feel the aforementioned advice about honesty is imperative....all records must be shared. Yet we are not cheating...only ensuring the best possible care!

Sylvie
SylvieM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Leslie (02-22-2016), SallyC (02-06-2016), Starznight (02-22-2016)