View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 08:44 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Bone graft/ extraction 2/5/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Xosabrinita,

Rinse with warm salt water every couple of hours until you go to sleep. About 5 ounces of water with a tablespoon of salt. Rinse until the water is gone, not just a swish or two. Rinse again in the am upon awakening.

I would suggest that you keep your head elevated on a couple of pillows tonight when you sleep to help reduce the swelling from increasing inside of your mouth.

Make sure you get in to the dentist tomorrow. Your dentist may refer you to an oral surgeon, if he does, don't hesitate to go.

Please let us know how you are doing.
Bryanna

Hello Bryanna, I visited the dentist yesterday for ten minutes .... She basically told me everything was OKAY and the stitches ARE there and nothing was wrong.... What had happened was my gums and wisdom tooth were so swollen I could not feel the stitches and it just felt like a membrane to me- what do I know anyways lol so I asked her why does it look so infected and she told me I had to run to buy a mouth wash chlorhexidine rinse.. I had got the prescription the day after the bone graft happen sled so I think infection was attacking my gums and she asked which antibiotics I was taking and I told her - she said that is the strongest and I should be fine.. Well today I feel a little better however I am feeling like a fever is definitely coming on like a throat infection is coming over me and I am so tired of the aches in my throat neck and mouth... I hope these antibiotics keep working --- thanks !
There's a photo to see ultimately it doesn't look infected in fact it looks like a sewn up gum
Attached Thumbnails
Bone graft / extraction nightmare..-image-jpg  
Xosabrinita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote