View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 01:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Law76

I am a 21 year old guy and I actually got diagnosed with TOS (they called it Paget Schroder Syndrome) and was diagnosed with a blood clot in my subclavian vein three days after my 21st birthday. My right arm became purple and extremely veiny for two straight days so I knew something was wrong. I spent roughly 10 days in the hospital due to how busy the hospital was.

On the third day in the hospital, they attempted an angioplasty going through my bicep, but did not have any luck because my top rib was pushing up on the vein so tightly. Two days later I had the rib removed. Two days after that I had another angioplasty in which they "believed" they expanded the vein and they fixed the problem (i'll get more into that in a little). I was sent home three days later and was put on blood thinners for a month

After my one month check up, my doctor took me off the blood thinners and told me to carry on with my normal activities. Low and behold, 8 days later I had the swelling and numb feeling in my arm again! I went to the doctor the next day, they took an ultrasound and found that the vein collapsed on itself. My doctor did not give a clear cut reason of why it happened but he believes it was because they did not go deep enough on their previous angioplasty. So the next day I had another angioplasty (my third one) and I was sent home the following day. They prescribed me lovenox for 3 months (which sucked).

It is now 7 months later and I am 100% fully healed from all of it and off blood thinners.

You should feel pretty honored, TOS is not very common so embrace it!! It's one hell of a story to tell people.