View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 11:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
. It started out of nowhere back in September. I woke up one morning and felt my toes slightly numb and frozen feeling and tingling from my feet to my knees.
Your story sounds eerily similar, Jim.

One of my several theories on what has caused my neuropathy is that it's something spinal that is not yet understood and/or not yet detectable through MRIs.

Like you, I'm usually pretty symptom-free when I wake up, although I do have this odd "buzzing" going on. As soon as I start moving, though, it goes away (and my back usually hurts when I first wake up). As the day progresses, and especially in the evening, the burning will start setting in. I usually start feeling some relief when I go to bed, although not always. Early on, I was especially had a hard time sleeping.

Twice now in my life I've had two instances of multi-week increased intercranial pressure. That's my diagnosis BTW. Doctors never put a name to it. I felt like my brains were trying to explode out of my head. It wasn't painful, just this horrible pressure like sensation. I also experienced brain fog with it. When I first experienced it back in the 80s, the neuro believed it was related to cervical problems I had which have gotten progressively worse. I had another episode of it in August of 2013, and my neuropathy set in two months later. I also hurt my neck in October. I've had MRIs from top to bottom showing a lot of problems, but nothing that would cause neuropathy.

So I think it's a possibility this could all be spinal, and it's just not understood yet.

But ask me tomorrow, and I'll tell you something different.

Last edited by janieg; 02-06-2016 at 06:38 PM.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ShaggyChic_1201 (02-08-2016), zkrp01 (02-06-2016)