View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 01:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Xosabrinita,

Did you see the same dentist that extracted the tooth? Were either of them oral surgeons?

The gum tissue is still very swollen and irritated. It would behoove you to rinse with warm salt water. The chlorhexidine kills both the good and the bad bacteria whereas the salt water only kills the bad bacteria. Make sure to brush and floss all of your teeth to keep plaque from accumulating.

FYI... the strength of an antibiotic does not determine if it will kill the bacteria that is causing the infection. It is the species of the bacteria that dictates if that particular antibiotic is appropriate at killing it.

The fact that you are now not feeling well and feel you are developing a throat infection is a bit concerning. Are you prone to throat infections?

If the swelling is not down significantly by monday or it gets worse, please see an oral surgeon to evaluate the area.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xosabrinita View Post
Hello Bryanna, I visited the dentist yesterday for ten minutes .... She basically told me everything was OKAY and the stitches ARE there and nothing was wrong.... What had happened was my gums and wisdom tooth were so swollen I could not feel the stitches and it just felt like a membrane to me- what do I know anyways lol so I asked her why does it look so infected and she told me I had to run to buy a mouth wash chlorhexidine rinse.. I had got the prescription the day after the bone graft happen sled so I think infection was attacking my gums and she asked which antibiotics I was taking and I told her - she said that is the strongest and I should be fine.. Well today I feel a little better however I am feeling like a fever is definitely coming on like a throat infection is coming over me and I am so tired of the aches in my throat neck and mouth... I hope these antibiotics keep working --- thanks !
There's a photo to see ultimately it doesn't look infected in fact it looks like a sewn up gum

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote