View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 06:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Xosabrinita,

Did you see the same dentist that extracted the tooth? Were either of them oral surgeons?

The gum tissue is still very swollen and irritated. It would behoove you to rinse with warm salt water. The chlorhexidine kills both the good and the bad bacteria whereas the salt water only kills the bad bacteria. Make sure to brush and floss all of your teeth to keep plaque from accumulating.

FYI... the strength of an antibiotic does not determine if it will kill the bacteria that is causing the infection. It is the species of the bacteria that dictates if that particular antibiotic is appropriate at killing it.

The fact that you are now not feeling well and feel you are developing a throat infection is a bit concerning. Are you prone to throat infections?

If the swelling is not down significantly by monday or it gets worse, please see an oral surgeon to evaluate the area.

Bryanna

Hello Bryanna, I am glad you have replied. I have bad news and the dentist who did my extraction and bone graft has not been able to see me ... On Monday I have an appointment again.. Today I ran to the dentist AGAIN! I have had a fever from the beck down since 5pm yesterday... My fever goes down when I take the ibuprofen and comes back about two hours after... I just popped another cus it won't go away. I was concerned and I called them the dentist check my site and said it is not swollen and maybe I caught a fly or a cold of some sort but I am worried I'm not prone to throat infections at all. Never. She keeps telling me to stop worrying but I can't.. I feel down and weak all day because my body is fighting off infection and I know it. She said I will see the dentist who did y work on Monday... Let's see if I make it till then.. The site feels fine and I am eating a little better but my throat and the fever is not getting better .. I'm doing the sale and water later - thanks
Xosabrinita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote