View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 02:12 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Red face Diagnosed with MG two days ago

Hi everyone, my name is Meagan, I'm 21, and just got diagnosed with MG two days ago. About over 2 weeks ago i saw a neurologist for a droppy eyelid and hard time chewing hard objects, and he had a high suspicion that i have MG. So we did blood work and got a CT scan done on my chest to check for a thymoma and got my results back two days ago and found out that I tested positive for MG and have a 3.7 cm thymoma in my thymus and need surgery soon (most likely transsternal). Im currently on predisone for hives from an allergic reaction but not taking anything now for MG, even tho i have occasions where it is hard to chew and weakness in my arms and hands and talking at times is hard.
I went from being a normal college girl (also an athlete and play softball at my university) to someone with a chronic rare autoimmune disease. It is kind of hard to wrap my mind around all of this and how things are gonna have to change like take a leave of absence from school and redshirt this year for playing softball... and really looking for advice on how you guys cope with this disease mentally and physically? I am very nervous for this surgery which will be most likely within a month and how the recovery process will be like and would like advice on what to expect post op pain and maybe future medication that I might have to take? Honestly I am vey scared for what lies ahead
I am here for support from you all and would love any advice that would help all me, PS i love reading about your experiences as well it makes me feel like I'm not alone

Thank you for reading this! - Meagan
Meagan214 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote