View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 07:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Confused LDN, Surgery & Pain

I have a question regarding LDN, Surgery & Pain management. This coming week I have dental surgery scheduled. There will be at least 1 tooth removed and almost every tooth will have some type of restorative work done to fix a years worth of damage caused by horrible medications i have been on. In my Pre-Op appt, the docs were cautious and recommended that I be able to take pain medication because of the amount of work that will be done. ( positive note, I will have a ketamine infusion while under to hopefully decrease the flare reaction to the surgery).

The problem is: I am on LDN, which counteracts with opioids. I love love love the LDN because it really has decreased my nerve pain with little to no side effects. I was at the point of needing a wheelchair when the LDN kicked in and made my mornings tolerable.

For me the LDN took 6 weeks to start working. I am so worried that if I stop it to take the pain meds that I will go back to feel horrible and it will set me back again... 6 weeks is a LONG time to be in excruciating pain If I don't stop the LDN and refuse the pain meds, the CRPS in my mouth and my feet will continue to flare.

Anyone had experience with this?
Inspiretoday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (02-08-2016)