View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 10:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question Not only abandoned but betrayed

I moved home to take care of my elderly parents at the request of my brother after I got a divorce two years ago. I have been struggling with a neurological disorder and thought I would be embraced by my family and hoped they would help with the emotional wounds brought on by my divorce as well as with my physical challenges.
I couldn't have been more wrong. I have not only have been totally abandoned by my family but they have turned me over to adult protective services after my doctor explained my condition to them.
My mother has been bi-polar as long as I've known her and her behavior now, at 85, is frightening. My brother does what my mother tells him to do so he escapes her wrath. My 90 year old father Is afraid of her too. I've been too ill, at times, to leave my bed for months on end. When I am confined to my home I jump each time I hear a knock on the door. I am trying to mend but my mother is relentless and I know she will not stop harrassing me until I move back to where I came from. I'm sick physically and sick in my heart because of my family's behavior. I am stunned and don't have anyone to talk to. My old friends don't come to visit or check in on me. I feel like I've been left for dead.
Susan DP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (02-08-2016)