View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 02:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Doozer,

Screen time was just the worst for me originally. For about 6 weeks or so, I had to rest my eyes every other hour for a full hour. It's depressing and just really hard to deal with.

My opthalmologist (Dr. Lowell Singman) said my nerves were yanked bank and forth and stretched during my roll over car accident because our brains are sort of floating but they are wired to our eyeballs, along with a bunch of muscles. So during the accident while my brain was bouncing around in my head (so to speak) it was yanking on the muscles and nerves.

Anyway, his solution for my vision problem had several parts. First, I had this terrible headache and pain that radiated from behind my right ear over my head and into my right eye. This was actually occipital neuralgia and I had to go to a pain doctor for that. Luckily, I was able to get better with a few treatments (a steroid and pain med injection couple with similar topical cream). Controlling the pain was crucial. Then he lowered my eye glass prescription so that I would put less pressure on my muscles. Essentially, things were blurry for a while and I wasn't even squinting to try to see things clearly. I just got used to things being blurry. Then I started a home program for my convergence insufficiency. The brock string is what worked best. So all of this plus a lot of time is what helped me get back to normal. I wound up having a new eyeglass prescription every 6 weeks until I was back to normal. I guess this was happening as my eyes were healing. The glasses would just stop working or start giving me a headache. The changes in prescription were small and drove the optometrists crazy, but they made a big difference for me. And then one day, the prescription was about what I had before.

Anyway, that worked for me, but everybody' injury is different. Stay strong!
Mrico2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote