View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 02:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Mark,

The guys at UPMC have a solution for the anxiety. If they think that's a problem, they put you on Zoloft so you can take the anxiety out of the equation. I was on it for 6 months and I'm sure it helped, though for me by the time I got there the only issue I had not tackled was my very subtle vestibular problems, so I might not have needed it.

My vestibular problems, by the way, were not at all apparent to me and they had been missed by every other doctor. The same was true for my lingering convergence insufficiency. Solving those two things took me from 50% better to 100% better (new normal). And that's why it was a mystery to me and other doctors for so long as to why I wasn't fully recovering.

Anyway, looking at it now in hindsight, I had five or six serious injuries at the same time, all of which were hard to diagnose and treat. Each injury was not healed until I found the right doctor. This meant trial and error on my part (trying different doctors) and not taking every doctor's word as gospel unless he or she actually fixed the problem. And I wasn't fully better until all of the injuries were addressed.
Mrico2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote