View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 02:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Going to add Benfotiamine and R-Lipoic Acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Winter View Post

I agree with comments above. Vitamin B6 is the one B supplement you really don't want to be taking when dealing with nerve issues. GO off that for a while and see if things improve. B12, B1 and B2 are all fine though. Most notably, add B1(Benfotiamine) if you are experiencing SFN pain. I recommend at least 300mg a day. Almost everyone I know with some form of peripheral neuropathy swears by it as one of the most essential vitamins for pain relief and it is very safe even in high doses.

Also, make sure you are taking R-Lipoic Acid not Alpha Lipoic Acid. the latter is poorly absorbed and won't offer much relief. R-Lipoic is better absorbed. get the Life Extension or Doctor's Best brand for the best version of this supplement.

Also, consider adding magnesium. Pretty much everyone walking this planet doesnt get enough magnesium in their diet so its necessary regardless of what you suffer from.
Thanks so much for this info. I'm on 1800 mg of gaba (and growing) , plus D3 and fish oil, but nothing else for PN. I also take 150 mg of Pristiq, which I couldn't stop even if it was making my pain worse.

I'm going to order the two supplements you suggested. Since that will be the only change, I'll report back on how I'm doing. Hope this isn't considered hijacking a thread, which I don't want to do.
ShaggyChic_1201 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote