View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 03:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Good link!

David, just wondering if you follow the traditional Keto from the 1920's, the one from 1950's or the combo version from 1989 or your own? I didn't even know there were different versions.

The line that got me was at the very end: "the idea of developing the ketogenic diet in a ‘pill’ is very attractive and may be approachable." I understand that in context it was pertaining to alleged possible side effects but seriously, another cha-ching for big Pharma with definite side effects at no extra charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
This is worth reading:

What I absolutely love about this is that after noting the benefits of a keto diet, the authors turn around and say something so stupid:

"As the underlying mechanisms become better understood, it will be possible to develop alternative strategies that produce similar or even improved therapeutic effects without the need for exposure to an unpalatable and unhealthy, high-fat diet."

Prejudice and anti-fat propaganda run deep! I do enjoy getting a laugh, sometimes a nervous one, from physicians when they ask me what I've done to improve my health and serum cholesterol levels and I respond "by introducing about 5-10 times the recommended daily fat intake, with lots of saturated and animal fats."
DavidHC (02-08-2016), glenntaj (02-09-2016), mrsD (02-08-2016), zkrp01 (02-09-2016)