Thread: PT/OT/Speech
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 04:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

As a retired OT and being 2+ years with PCS, I believe you have nothing to lose doing rehab; however, it must be the correct therapies. Any old PT or OT for PCS is not going to do and it must be a therapist specializing in concussion. As for light sensitivity, OT/PT, in my experience, will not do anything for this issue. As someone who has experienced light & sound sensitivity, my light issues have pretty much cleared, but my sound issues persist.
Most important is that you have the right (positive) mind set going into your evaluation. Have your noise canceling headphones or earplugs available, sunglasses, and don't be afraid to ask receptionists and therapists to find a "quiet" spot for you to wait or participate in your eval. I've had to ask people in many therapy, doctor and attorney offices to lower the volume on the tv or music and even dim the lights in a waiting room before an IME (workers comp medical eval) as I was turning green and ready to heave from my light sensitivity.
Do you have other issues besides light and sound sensitivity? Some people are helped by using Therapeutic Listening, a music based program of filtered music administered by certified OTs. I have used this on myself over the past 2 years with some success; however, sound sensitivity is the most difficult symptom to clear and the one that continues to give me headaches and keeps me from socializing on a regular basis.
Good luck and keep us posted!
Please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMSotr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chrybmb (02-08-2016)