View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 05:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

En Bloc,

Thanks for the encouragement, which is what it effectively is. I agree, obviously. How can it not be? It's already clear that it has a major role in all this, to what extent and precisely how, I can't say, no one can at this point. But that 'infection' is precisely how autoimmunity so often, perhaps if not always, begins is quite telling and worth remembering.

If nothing else, I'll solve or work to heal/improve my gut problems, and that alone is worth it. No one can truly be healthy without a healthy gut, and that's worth working toward.

Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
David,

I think this really may have an impact for you based upon some of your specific symptoms and reactions.

Autoimmune disorders are typically triggered by something and infections are at the top of the list. They don't have to be in the gut (mine was upper respiratory infection, same as many others I've talked to with Sjogren's), but it really doesn't make a difference 'where' it took place. It's the action in the immune system triggered by the infection that matters.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote