View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I find it is important to understand what happens to my body because up until 2007, I paid for all of my medical care, in either premiums or co-pays or out of pocket. I did work that could be abusive to my body so I needed to know how to minimize my medical costs and stay working.

Doctors usually struggle to think out of the box so it can help if they are given a nudge. I've had Standford Med School docs who are also professors who were baffled so I found someone who could think outside the box.

I have a number of symptoms that are caused by spine issues, TOS, gastric issues, esophageal reflux, tingling hands and forearms, and more. Treating the cause was a lot better than treating the symptom.

One doc wanted to schedule me for emergency carpal tunnel surgery until I told him how I had does some things that caused a substantial improvement since I first scheduled the appointment 6 weeks prior. He decided it was worth waiting and see if my improvement continued. 25 years later, I have still been able to avoid surgery. I need to be disciplined with how I use my hands but it beats surgery.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote