View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 09:53 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Root canal problem if no inflammation markers?

I have two suspect root canals. The first one has a black halo around the root visible under X rays, but has no pain symptoms whatsoever. The endodontist has been watching it but says it's not a problem. The second one had a fistula on the gum when it was first done, and had to have a additional surgery with a root amputation to eliminate it. The second one sort of aches a little bit, but that has been attributed to the fact that the crown over that tooth is a bit large and the bite centers on that tooth too much.

I also have several other health problems, including acid reflux causing excessive heartburn, and a torn tendon in my elbow. The tests done on the acid reflux do not show that it should hurt as much as it does. The MRI done on the elbow says it should be healing but it's been over a year and it just won't get better despite surgery and physical therapy.

I had a blood test and it did not show any inflammatory markers.

Is it possible that these problems are caused by the root canal even though I have no inflammatory markers in the blood test, and the symptoms of the root canals are minor?
steve999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote