View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 02:37 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Stillhoping, I understand. I used to be a vegetarian for many years earlier in my life, and it was for ethical reasons. Actually, for a short time, about a year, I even went vegan. As things stand, I hate to say it but I think that the increased amount of grains and general carbs (say from starchy pulses) that I ate then was one thing that led to my gut dysbiosis). Human beings are omnivores, who until very recently didn't consume nearly as much agriculturally produced foods as we now do. Ethically I think all the evidence is on the vegan side, or more so for sure, but health wise I would say the overwhelming evidence is with the paleo and in cases of illness with a paleo keto diet. But I won't lie: I can't justify my diet ethically, not at all, and that troubles me.
I don’t know which nutrition is healthier in the long run, the one that you chose or mine. Maybe it is the reduction of processed food, refined carbs, sugar etc. in both of the methods.
I know many people that their health was improved when they based their nutrition on veggies, legumes, fruits, nuts etc. and these are also the recommendations of the AICR (American Institute for Cancer Research).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
I'm not quite sure how to get access to this piece (in full): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16523530. Would someone please help? I'm particularly interested in "(v) adverse effects" of the ketogenic diet. Thank you in advance.
I can access it and will send you the paper
stillHoping is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote