View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 03:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi injuredbutrecoverin,

For convergence insufficiency, I had gone through a computer-based therapy and thought I had taken care of that. But when I went to the UPMC concussion clinic and was re-evaluated, I still had trouble. They gave me the bead and string system (brock string) to do at home and that worked much better. A month later on my follow up, they didn't detect any CI and I was feeling much better.

As for the vestibular problems, I never felt dizzy or had motion sickness. In fact, I was tested at Johns Hopkins by a great neurologist (who did not specialize in concussions) and he gave me a clean bill of health in terms of my vestibular function. But then at the UPMC concussion clinic, where all they do is concussions, a physical therapist and a vestibular therapist were both able to make me dizzy in certain weird situations, like during different step aerobics moves, walking backwards, and shaking my head side to side while looking at the center of a checkerboard image on the wall.

So it turns out, I did have vestibular problems, so they gave me an at-home program to follow in which I had to keep making myself dizzy twice a day. Eventually, my brain re-wired itself and those things didn't make me dizzy anymore and that is the main thing that helped my last major symptom clear, which was fatigue.

-Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by injuredbutrecoverin View Post
Mrico:

Could you explain what you mean by your convergence insufficiency and vestibular problems were not evident to you? How ere they diagnosed (specifically)? What symptoms were you facing before they were diagnosed? What were the treatments?

Thanks
InjuredButRecoverin'
Mrico2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote