View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 11:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Automatic removal of wisdom teeth

When I was a teen, my wisdom teeth were removed almost automatically. I was told I had a small mouth and it would prevent overcrowding. But, I was in my late teens for two of them and early twenties for the other two. Not sure it really made sense.

My kids, now adults, I believe had them removed for similar reasons.

Three years ago, I had a negative experience at the dentist office. When I tried to get help from other dentists, it only got weirder. It took me a long time to find an honest dentist. In the process, I've heard some rather peculiar stories.

So, this is one of them....do we need to remove wisdom teeth automatically? Are dentists sometimes too quick to suggest their removal?

http://fusion.net/story/252916/shoul...th-removed-no/

I'm hoping that more thought is put into this these days...examine each case individually rather than removing them almost automatically.

Just something to think about...to be aware of the possibility that perhaps it isn't something that needs to be standard procedure.

As a side note, please be aware that you have the right to question your medical care and to seek a second opinion. Trust your instincts.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote