View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 07:31 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
This is worth reading: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2367001/

As I've said before, I've had immense benefit from a keto diet based on the paleo principles, whatever the mechanisms of action actually are.

What I absolutely love about this is that after noting the benefits of a keto diet, the authors turn around and say something so stupid:

"As the underlying mechanisms become better understood, it will be possible to develop alternative strategies that produce similar or even improved therapeutic effects without the need for exposure to an unpalatable and unhealthy, high-fat diet."

Prejudice and anti-fat propaganda run deep! I do enjoy getting a laugh, sometimes a nervous one, from physicians when they ask me what I've done to improve my health and serum cholesterol levels and I respond "by introducing about 5-10 times the recommended daily fat intake, with lots of saturated and animal fats."

LOL.... so basically the diet is great but we need to develop an alternative? WHY???????

My cardiologist and general practitioner had nothing but high praise for ketogenic or Atkins dieting. My cardiologist told me i look great and he is thinking about going back on Atkins.

For me, whether it is Ketogenic or Atkins there are two evils I avoid and i think is the key thing here. Processed foods and sugar. I think just removing those and using proper supplementation will change your life and your body completely.

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
madisongrrl (02-10-2016), zkrp01 (02-10-2016)