View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 08:16 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Is there a possibility you could have been suffering from food poisoning, Sam? The symptoms fit.

I think what Peter's trying to say that he's been able to change his view of his life and how he responds to his situation by managing his anxiety…

I have medical and psych problems. Life can be a challenge, and I struggle with anxiety despite the meds I take. But at periods I'm successful in managing my anxiety in different ways without having to reach for my klonopin, or only having to use it sparingly. Most of my success comes when I focus on immediate challenges, rather than allowing myself to get overwhelmed by worrying about too many things at once, or viewing my situation as a whole.

Whether you end up needing meds, or you can learn how to manage your anxiety through the techniques you learn in therapy alone, you will get there. Your therapist has given you an excellent prognosis on the whole. I understand you are impatient because but you are suffering, but please try to hang in there. It will take time.
How much time it takes to see results from therapy varies among individuals…

"It's been almost 2 years, and I find it hard to believe my brain is still healing from when I hit my head playing football in October of 2014."

How long it takes for the brain to repair itself from injury varies among individuals as well. It's uncommon for symptoms of PCS to persist for that long, but it's a possibility.

I'm sorry If you already answered this and I missed it, but did you have any symptoms of depression or anxiety prior to your head injury, even if they were mild?
OhKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-10-2016), barbo (02-11-2016), bizi (02-10-2016), EnglishDave (02-10-2016), eva5667faliure (02-16-2016), Wren (02-10-2016)