View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 10:29 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

I recently learned the same thing that you are saying about the disconnect in the brain stem from an amazing ent. I however have not heard any treatment for this issue.

In researching the topic of hearing your eyes move there is also a disorder of a hole in the bones near the inner ear that can cause something very similar. SCDS (Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome) There is a medical treatment for that.

You would need further medical diagnostics to determine if that is the cause. It is frustrating to not know what causes the dizziness and the sound and the shifting in the room.

I have the same issues with dizziness and hearing my eyes move. Do you also have sleeping disorders? I have always had insomnia and other sleep issues. I was recently diagnosed with narcolepsy. It is a disorder of the sleep cycle and the order in which it occurs . It can be a huge contributing factor although not the only one in my case .

Sorry about being so rambly in this message. Hope I offered a couple other avenues to find answers.

I just wanted to share in case you hadn't heard of SCDS, or if you do have sleep issues . Narcolepsy is known for dizziness as well as other complications that seem more logically related to not sleeping well.

Good luck! I would like to hear if you find help.

QUOTE=karilann;542238]I have since found out that its a disconnect somewhere in the brainstem that gets confused as to whether something is visual or auditory.
I do have problems there.

Also, it can be caused from withdrawl from certain anti-depressants. Withdrawl can screw up the signals in the same way.

Its really not that creepy...just weird. It doesn't go on all day long, just for a little while I will hear this light swishing sound that goes along with my eye movement. It happened most during the death of my mom so I think the stress triggered it.[/QUOTE]
Mirabeeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote