View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 11:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Ken, thanks for this. When growing up, in my teens, I had a chance for a while to work with animals, lambs and chicken, and there was something primal about slaughtering the animal with your own hands and at times even barbecuing it up right there, knowing what it had eaten and how it had lived. Our animals would roam and graze freely, and ate what they were meant to eat, so no GMO corn or soy, no antibiotics in their feed, and all that junk. It was a small family run operation. We also used to eat mountain greens in the same area, saute them, even though they probably looked like weeds to most people.

I would never recommend a diet with no veggies and carbs, that would be impossible but also terrible health wise. My diet is very high in a diversity of veggies, just low in carbs. In fact, eat meal consists of larger portions of veggies than anything else. Just as we've always hunted, we've always foraged. We are definitely opportunistic and omnivorous creatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkrp01 View Post
I was raised on a farm, I raised cattle and chickens and hogs as an adult. I learned shoot, skin, slice, you get the picture. In my belief system, God gave man dominion over the animals. I can certainly respect anyone that wants to be different than me. If you believe there were cave men,(clovis people) you know that killing for meat was happening at least since the taming of fire. Just as veggie diets may leave one short on B-12, I am sure that no carb or veggie will result in a similar shortfall. We all were at one time opportunistic eaters like the bears. Omnivores. I will say that if you are killing hogs and it's cold and you have been at it for hours, cutting the tips from the tenderloin and shoving a stick through them and sticking the tips into the fire and eating straight off the stick is a primal thing and it's GOOD. Thanks Ken in Texas.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zkrp01 (02-13-2016)