View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Possible Multiple Sclerosis and Looking for a few Answers

So for the past 7 years I have had symptoms off and on. I have had tingling and numbness in my Left arm, neck, face, leg. I have had some vision issues(blurred, floaters, sometimes out of focus), these have been off and on for 7 years. the past 3-4 years I have had all of those, severe pain in my left arm neck and back, loss of balance, I also will just be sitting at my desk and its like my heard is swirling around, nausea, when I eat i feel ill, major mood swings, constantly cold, weakness in my arm and legs, I leak urine all the time, I am either constipated or have diarrhea, I will say things that make no sense, I have found myself doing things like leaving the ice cream where my dishes go in the cabinet. I will sometimes forget h ow to swallow, joke on saliva. my ears are always ringing and my L ear is always fading in and out like im on a plane.

I recently started seeing a neurologist, have done 2 MRI's. They did find a couple lesions on my brain and have just done repeat MRI's to watch. I have had no changes. I also had a an MRI done of my neck and was dx with cervical spinal stenosis. I also had a nerve conduction test done and it was negative. I have asked my neuro about MS and he says no. I was also dx with silent migraines and was put on topamax and it helps with sensitivity to light and noise, but nothing else. I also was put on gabapentin and it doesnt really work either.

This last time I had all my symptoms it lasted 5-6 months and now is completely gone. Today however all of them are coming back and its been 2-3 months. I try and keep a journal of everything but being a mom of 4 and working full time it isnt easy. I just want to know if anyone else has had similar symptoms and if it was caused by silent migraines and spinal stenosis. My spinal stenosis is considered mild. I also had some arthritis. I am 37 I shouldn't be feeling like I cant get out of bed daily and I am alseep by 7:30-8:00 every night and then sometimes I sleep all night but most nights I am up at 2:30 random times.

My dr doesnt fully listen to all my symptoms either. Is it bad that I want to see a new MD and neurologist?
capanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote