View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 06:41 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamG11 View Post
I'm trying to wait but its just so hard. Everything is going downhill..

And prior to the concussion yes I did have depression and anxiety, they were very mild. I have always been extremely sensitive and would get nervous over little things a whole bunch, and tend to think and replay a situation over and over again. It's funny, because just last night I was thinking about all the years before the concussion if there was something I missed, and all my memories pf my childhood were ironically bad ones.

I went through every year of school starting from 7th (the year before my concussion) to way back untill my earliest memory of childhood, and the first memories that came back to my head were all small but yet bad memories. For example, 7th passing out at soccer game and rushed to hospital, 6th grade first memory was being yelled at in front of everyone by my teacher in the hall for something I did not do, 5th grade being made fun of, 4th grade teacher said I was going to fail at life, 3rd grade being made fun of, etc.

Overall, I thought I had a fantastic happy childhood. But it seems like my brain has hold on to the vivid bad memories and events and kept on to them ever since, and has forgotten about all the good and happy memories.

Reliving events repeatedly is a symptom of anxiety. I know it feels terrible. I do it to myself often.

I have many happy childhood memories, but I tend to remember the bad (and very bad) ones much more vividly when I allow myself to. These unhappy things have left a larger impression on me because they've traumatized me…
I think it's a good idea for you to discuss the vivid memories you have and the ones you are reliving with your therapist. They have obviously have made an impression on you for a reason.

Your anxiety and depression may have gotten worse on their own, but the PCS may have helped them along the way. What's important is that you're getting help now.

BTW...
How are things at school?
How are you occupying your free time right now?
I know that you were making positive changes to your diet, how is that going?
OhKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-12-2016), barbo (02-11-2016), bizi (02-11-2016), EnglishDave (02-11-2016), eva5667faliure (02-16-2016), Wren (02-11-2016)