Thread: confused
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 03:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default where's the justice?

Mark,

I appreciate very much your reply. And am thankful for your insight.
I do have a WC attorney. I got them in November when I felt it was unjust that WC had taken over 2 months to find neurologist's referral for a neuropsychiatrist. I'm not sure of their experience in brain injury cases. I've never had to hire a lawyer before and didn't know what to look for, so I unfortunately went by reviews.

So far they have secured a WC check along with my employer paycheck. I went from a salaried position of over 2000 plus commission to current position of 10.50. Other than that they said they could appeal WC decision to deny one of my meds. And this is a sort of a wait and see until WC decides they have had enough and offers me either a monetary settlement or a medical settlement allowing me to receive care for injury for rest of my life. I still believe it should be both, since there is no way for me to recoup lost wages and meager savings spent through out this.

What is your advice for receiving better medical care? The lawyer says I have no choice in my doctors that it is entirely up to WC. After the neurologist fully releases me, I can then request a 2nd opinion but WC only values 1st neurologist opinion anyways. And any new requests for other doctors has to come from doctors I currently have.

Work has also cut my health insurance since I'm no longer full time, so even seeing a regular family doctor for any non injury related illness is out of the question.

Went to neurologist today because of symptoms coming back. He showed no shame in voicing disappointment since I had a month of no severe migraines. Disregarded all of my symptoms but migraines and headaches and gave me a script for imatrex(sp). Explained symptoms worsened at work and he said I had to take that up with employer. Explained I had and they basically said that I had to find a way to deal or find employment elsewhere. He just shrugged and walked out of room.

I'm scared to keep going at the 30 hrs he has me at for fear that my symptoms will continue to worsen.

Duste
Duste is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote