View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 05:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
brownehn,

My first concern is that you need to start eating regular healthy meals so you blood sugar stays were it belongs. This will be helpful to your anxiety. I know what this is about because I was a 1 & 1/2 meals a day person in the 70's. It messed up my blood sugars and left me with roller coaster moods.

Second, read the Vitamins sticky at the top. Add the vitamins regimen. It will help with anxiety and depression but it will take time.

Once those issues are resolved, the other issues will likely be much less and easy to tolerate. Do not try to resolve more than one problem at a time. Live a binary life. Each choice/decision is best broken down into one of two options. Write the options down and list out the pros and cons. This will help you make decisions with less anxiety.

This is enough to start you one the road to a more functional life.
This touches on something important, I think. For decades I have strictly controlled my eating, just one major meal toward the end of the day, and until lately, with a lot of physical activity too. I've only taken two blood glucose readings (I can't get the ~!@#$ needle to work right) during my crisis, but they're both good - 90s - and that's late in my cycle (ie approaching the meal).

Yet I've always suspected that my brain gets shut down as the cycle grinds toward the meal. It gets harder to concentrate, dizzy spells occasionally, need to rest, etc. Or maybe it's my whole body. This isn't your typical practice, I love being skinny and there are health benefits. Lately I ate more on two days; I notice an abundance of energy early in the cycle, Tu. I was almost manic but I felt normal and good . . then last night I cut it back. Today I'm in the throes of the worst anxiety yet . .

It's too soon to draw conclusions, but maybe my eating has something to do with it . .
brownehn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote