View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 07:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhKay View Post
Reliving events repeatedly is a symptom of anxiety. I know it feels terrible. I do it to myself often.

I have many happy childhood memories, but I tend to remember the bad (and very bad) ones much more vividly when I allow myself to. These unhappy things have left a larger impression on me because they've traumatized me…
I think it's a good idea for you to discuss the vivid memories you have and the ones you are reliving with your therapist. They have obviously have made an impression on you for a reason.

Your anxiety and depression may have gotten worse on their own, but the PCS may have helped them along the way. What's important is that you're getting help now.

BTW...
How are things at school?
How are you occupying your free time right now?
I know that you were making positive changes to your diet, how is that going?

Things at school are basically the same. They suck. Feeling awful like this makes school so hard and so dreadful. I hate it. There's so many things wrong with it. I feel like I'm not even there, I can't do homework because I feel 10x when the school day is over, everything I'm learning is nonsense, ugh I could go on and on.

My mom talked to my guidance counselor at school, and she made sure my teachers were aware of whats going on. That's it. I'm not on a 504 plan because jumping from no additional help to a 504 is a big leap. And everyone is making it seem like its a huge deal and that If I feel better one day its impossible to get off. I don't know, I'm writing this so depressed and I just want to cry but I can't cause my family wont understand why and everyone will make a big deal about it. My body hurts. Everything's so hard for me. It's not fair.

I will reply better once I get a hold of myself.

Why do I have to be the one to deal with this? I don't get it, I just don't. I don't get life anymore at this point.
SamG11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-12-2016), barbo (02-12-2016), bizi (02-11-2016), EnglishDave (02-12-2016), eva5667faliure (02-16-2016), OhKay (02-12-2016), Wren (02-11-2016)