View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 08:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default You've Come to the Right Place

Welcome.

There is a lot of useful information and fellow souls here, as the previous posts depict. If you can I advise you to read down many of the threads, where you may find what you are looking for and more.

My first thought is try to stay calm. PCS probably produces as many different crazy symptoms as any disorder known to medicine, and in a crazy pattern that is often unpredictable. One thing is for sure: anxiety over one's situation is common and is generally thought to retard recovery. Recovery typically takes months, sometimes longer.

Take what just happened to me yesterday and today. Yesterday I had my third, and second worst, anxiety attack of my 5 weeks, 4 days running since my concussion. I had been feeling so good! My confidence got shattered and I stressed out badly. My blood pressure goes up but, weirdly, my pulse is only marginally affected, maybe 5 or 10 bpm.

That evening I somehow came down and slept very well (I don't remember my dreams but crazy dreams are surely no surprise for a brain injury) . . I didn't want to get out of bed. But, when I did, I found myself kind of trembly and shaky similar to you, though I had to get up first . . I felt like I had just fought in the conclusive battle of World War III when in fact I hadn't done anything. My mind kept trying to return to some of yesterday's awful moments, almost obsessively, and I had to fight that off, because vicious cycle is the heart and soul of an attack. It's better to not think too many negative thoughts.

In my case it seems my pcs is, building on a precondition that runs in my family, creating an anxiety disorcer that I never had before (though I do already have a phobia from years past.) Anxiety can either feed pcs, or be created by pcs.
brownehn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote