View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 10:55 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Did this dr say if it is NTOS or VTOS?
Or maybe you can tell- ntos is nerve based and vtos is more vascular based.
There is a RSI type that is a mix of those and non specific. (simplified descriptions)

Usually lifting, holding ,carrying weighted items, depending on fitness level may start a flare up.
Delayed pain is often a case too, so awareness of what sets you off and the timing is really something each has to figure out.
Usually reaching up overhead , holding arms out in front will be a issue.

If head , shoulders are hunched or forward of the body (check with side view).
That posture closes down the area where many nerves & blood supply need to fit thru- opening up the chest & collar bone area with aligned posture may help to relive many symptoms and pain.
Posture correction is retraining yourself & your muscles so it does take time & work.

Some simple things you can try-
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/album.php?albumid=422
Thanks Jomar,
I think you might be the one who noticed my symptoms when I first came onto neurotalk and suggested TOS. I mentioned it to my doctors because it gave an identical description of my symptoms. They shook their heads. Now 2 years later, this doctor touched all kinds of areas and lifted my arms in different positions, felt my pulse, and had me hold my arms up and out in front. She says I have it and I'm not even sure where to start in trying to figure out what to do. She said this might be related to muscle spasms that occur because of my body wide neuropathy, or that it could be a separate condition all together. I didn't even ask about venous or neurologic, because I was completely unprepared for another diagnosis and was really surprised. Having said that, it explains so much. The pain and incompetence I have because of my darn arms is so difficult to deal with though and I wonder if there can be a resolution for this at this point. It's been two years.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (02-12-2016)