View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 05:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Has she been evaluated by a mental health professional to see if they think there is an anxiety issue or not?
I might do that before genetic testing.
That would clarify if it is an issue or not.
If not you could wave the results in the other drs faces...

But I wouldn’t go back to any unhelpful drs again unless I had no other option..
No not yet. That is the next referral. She will be seeing a pediatric psychiatrist. The geneticists thinks they will want further testing before they rule it mental anyway. He doesn't feel enough has been looked at to rule out other organic causes aside from mental health.

I will say this. She spent Tuesday-Thursday at a week long camp meeting our church has every year. She had a terrific time and gets to see friends from all over the country during this time. However, she was still in constant pain even though she was up and moving most of the day and was the happiest she has been in a while as this is something they look forward to all year. She endured the pain because it was so important to her. There is no reasonable explanation as to why a 12 year old girl should be in constant pain all day no matter what she is doing. So I hope moving forward we get more answers. And yes we will not be going back to the Pain Clinic as that was a waste of time.
thowell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-25-2016)