View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 11:29 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default post concussion syndrome

Hey Everyone,

My husband has been recovering from a concussion for the last five years. The first two years were miserable for him due to not being able to drive, leave the house much, or go a day without having symptoms.His symptoms were lightheadedness, noise and light sensitivity, headaches. Anxiety and depression came to his life and I think holds him back at times.
The last three years have been overall better with him improving and being able to go longer periods without getting into ruts. He was taking 40 mg of citalopram and seemed to be getting over his depression. This past week he had to stop working because of lightheadedness. This was the first time he has had to stop working in the three years he has had this job so it was very discouraging for him. The depression and anxiety has been in full force since monday night and he is still having issues. We went to the doctor and they performed a lot of tests with all coming back clean. He did not injure himself but his mind keeps thinking that he is getting worse and going to end up where he was two years ago. This is why I feel like depression and anxiety is trying to take him over. He is nervous driving, going to eat, and is nervous about going into work to do the same thing he has done hundreds of times because of what happened Monday-Wednesday. In July he went to the doctor to try slowly lowering his doses of celexa. The past few months have been a little bit more of a struggle than usual but nothing like this week has been. The doctor gave him the higher dose again this week. I just wanted to see what some of your thoughts were with this. I just want to give him some positive news that this is just a tiny setback that he will get through when he gets his mind better. Have any of you had ruts during your recovery after you have been having success in your recovery? Have these ruts made you feel like you were heading right back to where your first started? Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
ergh1990 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote