View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 11:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyM View Post
Hi- I'm new to this forum. In early december I had pneumonia for 2 weeks. 2 days after finishing antibiotics I developed hand and arm numbness which last til the end of december. I also had a jello feeling in my muscles. felt weak but weren't. Then that went away and for the past five weeks Ive had burning in my feet when i wear shoes and cold/wet feelings randomly on my arms and legs. like drops of water. I was 100% healthy before this (im in my early 40's) now i'm a wreck... most b/c im nervous and my sleep has been severely impacted. i had a brain mri, cspine mri, every blood test for autoimmune diseases, GBS, celiac dz etc. EMG was normal as was the 5 neuro exams ive had.i went to the best place in manhattan. they said it was a acute small fiber neuropathy.

they stated me on gabapentin at night. helps me sleep a little better and helps with symptoms til around noon the next day. they said be patient it should get better. give it time etc. they didnt want to give steroids or IVIG etc.

im losing my mind. i dont know how i can go on like this. i have a family, job, 3 kids... all of which are being affected by the fact i cant get this out of my head. i have good and bad days. anyone go through this before? will it get better with time like they say? i feel like my body is alien to me.
Mickey... I'm so sorry. I empathize with both your painful symptoms and your panic and have described it as if my body was invaded. I think the emotion and panic was ALMOST as bad as the pain. I too had an acute onset of body-wide nerve pain after a virus. I didn't take antibiotics though. It's been suggested that my condition is "immune mediated" or post-viral, something that Glennj has discussed in great detail in this site. It's been a difficult long road for me, but I've dug deep to care for my family and maintain my job. I guess if I can offer anything to you, it would be that it can be done. I hope that with time your body will heal.
heb1212 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zkrp01 (02-13-2016)