View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 01:00 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

ergh1990,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear your husband has had this recent struggle. You are to be commended for being there to support him through these years of misery. Many struggle to understand and support people, especially family with PCS and the depression and moodiness than can come with it.

First, You both need to understand that he may have setbacks from time to time from PCS. Getting off Celexa can be a struggle for some. There are a myriad of variables that can impact his symptoms.

The 'clean bill of health' is not as important as the doctors try to make it. They just say that during the tests he was good. He could have done something in the days before his episodes. He could have moved his head and/or neck in a different way.

I went off Paxil after years and had a miserable time. Six months later, I had a traumatic event and needed to start Celexa. I was able to get off the Celexa slowly and replaced it with L-Tryptophan and 5-HTP to maintain serotonin levels. I also need a brain health vitamin and supplement regimen to help maintain better function. The Vitamins sticky at the top has good information. There is a link down the page to an updated version. It is not a cure but can help with anxiety and depression

Many of us know we need to manage our PCS rather than expect to be completely over it. Stress can cause symptoms to come roaring back. There are many activities and environments that can cause a relapse. You can continue to be a big help to him.

It would be helpful to know more about his injury and treatment and daily life activities so we can put his struggles in context. His age also has relevance.

Feel free to tell us anything you feel comfortable with. We have heard it all.

My best to you both.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote